The Island of Gods: A Journal pt. 2

Wednesday, March 20

The euphoria from the previous night was still there, and most of us just didn't think it was necessary to sleep. We only had like, what, 4-5 hours before we need to leave?

Therefore, we spent the morning after by eating a handful of McDonalds with my favorite people, my classmates for sure. We gathered at one of our friends room, we talked, we ate, we laughed at inappropriate jokes... It was awesome. I never get to do stuff like this since I was a really nice and obedient girl as a child. Best night I've had so far.

We left the hotel at approximately 7 or 8 in the morning, and to be honest, I really missed it already. I didn't think I would have this much fun in Bali since I was scared, but I would do it all over again if I could. Really.

So to spend our last day, we got about 4 hours of free time in Kuta Beach. I strolled around the beach with one of my friend. I wore the wrong clothes to do a walk like this, but I got to admit, it was nice and relaxing. We stopped several times to buy a pair or two of pants for my mother. When we finally finished our time there, we went back to Krisna--where we parked the bus before--and had lunch as well as buying goods for those who waited for us back home.

Since the second and third batch people hadn't gone to Tanah Lot on the first day, they were brought there while we, the first batch, went straight to Bedugul. It was beautiful. Green, water, soil, temple, rocks... everything nature-ish. I spent some of my time meditating with my friends... or maybe just goofed around because, well, who am I lying to? I can't barely sit still!

When it was time for us to go, we stepped onto the bus, said a few goodbyes and good lucks, and there we go. We had food--I mean dinner--and I took some of my meds. It's safe to say that I blacked out on our way to the port and when we crossed to Java... which is good because some of my friends were woke af and threw up since the road was not really cooperative.

  

Thursday, March 21




The hardest part had passed, thank God! Cheers to that, and it was still 12 at dawn. I still fast asleep back then, I only woke up when our homeroom teacher woke me up to eat and to clean myself. The food was good, it was almost the same as what I had when my family went to Jember back and forth with car.

We spent the day arriving in Surabaya, and we even get to visit the Suramadu Bridge, the connector between Surabaya and Madura. We stopped and rested in Madura for an hour or so, and after we had lunch, we went straight to the station. We had about 3 hours or so, so my classmates spent it by going to the mall. 

The train left at around 5 or so, and just like every trip I've had with my friends previously, the trip was too short for my liking. We talked so much, we barely slept.

I enjoyed it. Thank you, God, Student Council, travel agent, and basically everyone who contributed to make this happen.

Komentar

Postingan Populer